Saturday, February 05, 2005

Testing

All voltages are very close to what specified on the book. But each time I switched on the amp, the bias takes about 15 minutes to settle to the 0 value. Initiall, I it takes awhile to burn that it to make it more stable. But after asking in Transcendent forum, Bruce told me that there is a tube that is marginal. I can sort of pick the tube as it glows much more than the others. After changing this tube, everything is back to normal. Settles pretty much at the start.

Initial impression of the sound is very very good! I have heard this amp in my friend's home, but when I hear my own creation in myown house. This is really touching. The extension to both ends are very good at the start already The control of the base is very good and the amp is extremely fast. There are a lot more datails I can hear now that just wasn't audible before.

Now I am burning it in with the STS Burn-in CD with the speaker terminal connected to a 100W 10R resistor. Hopefully, this will speed up the burn in process without causing complaints from my neighbours.

The amp is running quite hot though, I measured the top cover of my amp and it is recorded 60deg!





I would like to thanks Bruce for creating such a wonderful amp and made this available to all of us!

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Arthur -- I just wanted to compliment your exceptional work. The internal layout and wiring is excellent. One has to have done this before to appreciate what you were able to accomplish. You may be anal, as you reveal early on, but man did it pay off! Beautiful! Congratulations!

Andy
"awm" from the Transcendent board.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home