Sunday, January 16, 2005

Ripples reduction

To reduce the ripples, a large number of capacitors were used. In fact, a large proportion of the cost goes to capacitors,

For the 2200uF, I used RIFA with added choke to make it low noise. For the other 22uF, I used Solen, In general, the MKP is faster than electorlytics. So inorder to compensate for the slowness of the RIFA, I also parallel each of them with a 0.1uF UCC SPP capacitors.

At the final output I also parallel each rail with a 1 ohm resistor in series with a 0.1uF UCC SPP cap for reducing the inductance. For reference see here



The grounding of the +/- 170 rail is also carefully arranged with red copper sheets



you may noticed that the screws are very shiny..... yes they are silver plated... order last time from Fay Hing. Isn't group order nice!

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations with your construction T12, very nice ...workmanship.
My I ask you: what kind of choke (self) value you used in the LN configuration?
I ending my T8 (with upgrade space and power to T12)....
Thanks for replay.
Best regards.
Carolus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home